Why is a Hydronic Heating System Service so Important
The aim of this article is to help you understand
- Why a hydronic heating service is important
- That it is a requirement of your Boiler Warranty
- How it saves you on running costs
- How it lengthens the life of your boiler
- How it ensures highest efficiency
We all know a Service on our car is so that we can avoid any small problems becoming big expensive ones. A a hydronic heating service is much the same in that it ensures no small issues become larger ones.
The Hydronic Heating Boiler is the engine of your hydronic heating system and the most expensive part to replace, so this is where a system service is focused.
Potential problems an annual service should prevent
- System not providing heat when winter arrives
- System becoming inefficient
- Increased running costs due to inefficiency
- Ensuring Warranty Requirement
Panel Heat Output Efficiency
Iron oxide sludge build up within your hydronic heating panels will reduce the amount of heat energy output from your panels, which in turn means the boiler will have to run longer to raise the room temperature. The longer it runs the more energy it consume’s and the higher your running costs.
The thermal image of the radiator panel is showing an inefficient panel. The blue area means it’s cold, and should be hot. The only reason it is cold is because it will be full of sludge, the image should show an even orange over the whole panel.
During a service we check for cold spots and can report to you if your system becoming inefficient
The slush build up in panels is removed with a power flush that should be done every 5 years.If you have any questions please write them in the comments section so that we can help you and others with similar questions into the future.